Improved Racing oil thermostat upgrade for the 2006-2013 C6 Z06/Z51 Corvette adds -10AN oil lines and an oil thermostat to the factory C6 Corvette Z06, Z51, or Grand Sport oil cooler setup.
In many cases, oil temps will never reach a safe operating temperature during normal street driving in these vehicles. Because the system lacks a proper oil thermostat, engine oil warm up times are also excessively long.
With the Improved Racing thermostat installed, oil temps are allowed to increase to safe operating temperatures, even with the much larger oil cooler included in this kit. Note these temperatures were logged using the sensor at the bottom of the dry sump oil tank, which reads lower than the temperature at the oil thermostat.
The professionally assembled -10AN oil lines have a 54% larger flow area compared to the factory 1/2" lines, significantly decreasing pressure drop across the oil cooler system. This improves oil pressure at the top of the engine. These lightweight oil lines feature a Viton rubber interior, stainless reinforcement to prevent kinking, and a silicone-fiberglass sleeve for protection from header heat.
The thermostat is available in three temperature ratings, 180°F, 200°F, and 212°F. The 200°F and 212°F unit is recommended for racing applications and dry-sump vehicles (as the dry-sump system tends to run cooler). The 180°F unit is recommended for street use and wet sump vehicles.
- Direct bolt-on kit; no drilling or cutting required
- Keeps oil temps in check to extend the life of your engine and reduce engine wear
- Thermostatic oil cooler adapter precisely controls oil temps and accelerates engine warm-up
- Professionally assembled, lightweight, heat-shielded oil lines with hard-anodized aluminum dual swivel fittings
- Large -10AN oil lines for improved oil pressure over the factory lines
- Oil cooler adapter features a 1/8" NPT sensor port for an aftermarket oil temp or pressure sensor
- Lifetime Warranty
- Made in the USA
- Free Shipping to the lower 48!